Los Angeles Beginners Sculpting 4-Day Intensive with Stuart Bray August 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th 2020
From: $700.00 / month for 3 months with 1 day free trial and a $1,100.00 sign-up fee
Beginners Sculpting Intensive is a 4 day class designed to demystify and propel you into creating your own flat mould pieces for character makeup and makeup effects. This class is taught by British Sculpting and FX makeup wizard Stuart Bray. All attendees receive a specially created Siân Richards London Sculpting Kit. Book Your Ticket Now! Limited Class size; in order to give the best education we are limiting numbers to 16 attendees each day only.
We have Payment options for you to make it more flexible.
Four Day Intensive Single Payment: $3900
4 Months. Deposit $1100; 4 Installments at $700
3 Months. Deposit $1500; 3 Installments at $800
Beginners Sculpting Intensive is a 4 day class for makeup artists and students teaching the basics of flat mould sculpting. It will enable you to understand how simple small appliances can be to make, so that you can produce your own flat mould bondo, probondo, silicone or gelatin pieces in the makeup trailer.
In this class we demystify basic sculpting for those who always wanted to do it, but were a little overwhelmed at the idea of how to. Each day starts with a demonstration from Stuart, and then practical guided tuition for the remainder. Learn about Stuart Bray and his 30 years in sculpting and special makeup effects here.
The 4 day class is broken down into 4 stages; all days are 10 hour days starting at 9am, with a 1 hour walk away lunch break. Attendees booking the four day class receive a special Siân Richards London Sculpting and Application Kit . Book Your Ticket Now! Limited Class size; in order to give the best education we are limiting numbers to 16 attendees per class.
Each day builds from the other so please be early for your class as every minute matters.
Day One: Tools, Textures and Materials, August 8th 2020:
Learn about sculpting tools, materials, ways to get textures and practice your first small transfer appliance sculpt:
- Stuart goes through the variety of sculpting materials available, what works best for which effect or requirement, and why you should or should not choose one over another. You will have access to all materials so you can feel and touch to understand the why.
- You learn about various sculpting tools available and what their functionality is.
- You learn about texture making; how to get a realistic skin finish with various tools and objects.
- You play around with materials and tools, get your hands dirty and get a feel for the media you are now working with as you take your first step into sculpting a small test piece by the end of the day.
- You are given homework to source and print out reference images of the effect you would like to create in your sculpt on Day 2. NB: You are required to bring a minimum of 7 variations of what you want to do on Day 2.
Day Two: Sculpt, Wall and Mould, August 9th 2020:
Sculpt a piece and learn how to make a wall and pour a soft silicone mould.
- Stuart walks you through sculpting your first piece starting off with working from reference images for accuracy. He discusses the importance of understanding anatomy and placing an appliance in the right part of the face or body for the most realistic effects that help your final makeup work accurately.
- You begin your sculpt and complete your sculpt within a 2-3 hour period. Hands on – guided by Stu.
- Stuart shows and guides you how to prep for moulding, how to build a wall around your sculpt – demo and hands on.
- How to Mix soft silicone and pour into your mould and leaving it to cure overnight – demo and hands on guided by Stu.
Day Three: De-Mould, Colour & Fill, August 10th 2020:
Separating the mould from the sculpt. Learning about choices in various filling products and how to colour them. Filling the mould.
- Remove the now solid, soft and flexible silicon mould and pour a second.
- Understanding different filling products: Stu discusses the pros and cons of Bondo Cream, versus Pro Bondo, versus Gelatin, versus Silicone. How their use will determine the finish and functionality on set. How to choose which one is best for your needs. Discussion and hands on.
- Colouring liquid fillers and pouring them into a mould. You are shown how to tint fill products prior to pouring, how to put fibres into gelatin or silicone and if it’s always necessary. Demonstrated.
- You colour and pour your mould after colouring it in uncured form. Practical and guided by Stu.
Day Four: Apply, Makeup and Remove, August 11th 2020:
Application Day! Applying the mould to the face and doing a character makeup.
- How to prep skin ready for an appliance. Demo and practical.
- Why correct placement of the appliance is so vital and guidelines to follow. Demo and practical.
- Appliance application and adhesion. Demo and practical.
- Blending an edge and finishing off a piece so it’s invisible. Demo and practical.
- Applying makeup to the appliance – hyperrealism. Demo and practical.
- How to safely remove an appliance and clean up skin. Demo and practical.
NB: You will need a model for Day 4
Date: August 8th, 9th, 10th & 11th 2020
Time: 9am – 6pm
Venue: Nigel Beauty Emporium Next Door
11252 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood 91601
Parking in the rear of Nigels or street parking.
SRL Email: here
NB: Print your email confirmation of purchase as your ticket and bring to the event.
All Sales are Final, Non Refundable or Transferable
Atlanta Masterclass and Private Shopping Event February 9th 2020$300.00
Los Angeles Makeup 3-Day Intensive January 14th, 15th, 16th 2020From: $1,000.00 / month for 2 months with 1 month free trial and a $1,000.00 sign-up fee
Los Angeles Sculpting Masterclass May 7th 2020$350.00
Vancouver Masterclass and Private Shopping Event Jan 26th 2020$200.00
NYC Masterclass and Private Shopping Event February 23rd 2020$300.00
Los Angeles Beginners Sculpting 4-Day Intensive with Stuart Bray August 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th 2020 on Instagram
Want to share your instagrams of you with your Los Angeles Beginners Sculpting 4-Day Intensive with Stuart Bray August 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th 2020? Use the #SRLSCULPTINT hashtag.